There are several ways to build bicycle community (#bikefriends) and participate in friendly group competitions in the National Bike Challenge.
|Team Name||Definition||How do I create one?|
|Advocacy Challenge||An Advocacy Challenge covers one or more counties and is typically administered by a bike advocacy organization or group with the objective of encouraging people in that area to use their bikes more for transportation and recreation. Most Advocacy Challenges have a participation goal of 50 or more people.||on the NBC website in "Settings"|
|League||A league is a collection of similar groups (for example teams, workplaces, schools, bike shops, bike clubs) organized into a league so they can be ranked against each other.||on the NBC website in "Settings"|
|Workplace & work sites||A team for your employees to engage in friendly office or inter-office competitions and a workplace wellness encouragement program!||
|Schools||A team for students, faculty, staff and alumni.||through Strava: see instructions below|
|Bicycle Clubs||A team for your bicycle club members to log rides alone and together.||through Strava: see instructions below|
|Bike Shops||A team for bike shop employees, owners, and devoted customers.||through Strava: see instructions below|
|City/County/State||You automatically are synced with your city/county/state according to your location in your Strava settings.||Automatic through your Strava location|
Teams created in Strava are called "Strava Clubs." To make a Strava club:
1. Check to make sure your club does not already exist:
- Visit www.nationalbikechallenge.org
- Select “Connect with Strava” and then login if you already have a Strava account. If not, select “Signup” to create an account.
- Use the search bar at the top of the page to make sure that the club you want to create does not already exist.
2. Create your club, if your club does not already exist:
- Navigate to Strava www.strava.com and login if you are not already
- At the top of the page go to “Explore” → “Clubs” → “Create a Club”
- Select “Cycling” as your Sport Type
- Fill in all necessary information to finish creating your club.
- You may wish to add two administrators along with you, the owner.
- GPS track a quick ride to secure your Strava club to ensure Strava's website doesn't think you're a club-creating-robot.
3. Approve your club as a National Bike Challenge club:
- On the www.nationalbikechallenge.org site, go to “Settings” and approve your club to be included in the National Bike Challenge and answer all questions associated with approval.
- Use your referral link under your Settings tab on your Challenge page to invite friends, family and coworkers to join you!
- Share "How to Join a Team": https://nationalbikechallenge.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005851608-How-do-I-join-a-team-