One objective of the Challenge is to encourage behavior. Studies have shown that a one-month bike challenge is not long enough for people to change their behavior, rather it takes about four months. The first National Bike Challenge in 2012 ran for four months and the feedback from the riders was that they wanted it to be even longer. Now the Challenge runs May 1–September 30.
Articles in this section
- What is the National Bike Challenge? How do I participate?
- What is the National Bike Challenge?
- I am a 2016 Team Administrator-Where's my Team
- What badges can I get?
- Teams vs. Leagues vs. Advocacy Challenges. What's the difference?
- Create an Advocacy Challenge
- Where is my Ride? Day Late, not there, too long?
- University Teams: Students, Staff/Faculty, AND Alumni?
- How do I join a Specific Advocacy Challenge?
- How can I support better bicycling?