In 2009, Kimberly-Clark Corporation created an internal bike challenge for its more than 50,000 employees. With the help of the Bicycle Federation of Wisconsin, the Challenge was successfully piloted in Wisconsin at the statewide level in 2011. The bike challenge, then called the Get Up & Ride National Bike Challenge, opened to the nation in 2012 under the direction of the League of American Bicyclists, with additional support from PeopleForBikes. 2017 marks the National Bike Challenge’s sixth year, again, under direction of The League of American Bicyclists.
Articles in this section
- What is the National Bike Challenge? How do I participate?
- What is the National Bike Challenge?
- I am a 2016 Team Administrator-Where's my Team
- What badges can I get?
- Teams vs. Leagues vs. Advocacy Challenges. What's the difference?
- Create an Advocacy Challenge
- Where is my Ride? Day Late, not there, too long?
- University Teams: Students, Staff/Faculty, AND Alumni?
- How do I join a Specific Advocacy Challenge?
- How can I support better bicycling?