Points are awarded throughout the Challenge and are cumulative over the duration. They are awarded in the following two ways:
1. 20 Challenge points are awarded for each day you ride
2. 1 Challenge point is awarded for each mile ridden
3. Miles are the official length measurement used in the Challenge. If you log in Strava using kilometers, conversions to miles are rounded to nearest mile. If this is an issue, ride more often to get the 20 points, instead of worrying about fractional points.
4. Miles must be logged to the day they were ridden.
5. Rides can be logged at anytime over the month but must be logged or synced by 11:59 pm central time of the last day of each month. There is some wiggle room, but why chance it. As in Chicago voting, log early and often.